FAQs: What to Expect on a Sunday Morning
How long is the worship service? Our worship services normally last from 60-75 minutes.
What is offered for kids and youth? We offer childcare for babies and toddlers during the worship service. During the Sunday School hour, we have classes for kids and youth.
To parents of young children: Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- Consider sitting toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to engage.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastors, musicians, and leaders.
- Sing the hymns and praise songs, pray, open your Bible, and take notes during the sermon. Children learn behavior by mimicking you.
- If you have to leave the Sanctuary with your child, feel free to do do, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God, and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
To the Members of our church: The presence of children is a gift to the church and they are a reminder that our congregation is growing. Please welcome our children and give a smile of encouragement to their parents.
How should I dress? You’ll see a broad spectrum of dress at First Baptist on Sunday mornings. Some will wear jeans and a t-shirt while others will dress in a suit and tie. We would love for you to come as you are. We have no expectations for how you should dress.
What are the sermons like? We generally preach through a text of the Bible verse-by-verse. Our sermons aim to clearly explain what the text means and how it applies to our lives. Click here to listen to one of our recent sermons online.
What is the worship service like? Our service is filled with singing, prayers of thanksgiving and confession to God, Scripture reading, giving, and the preaching of God’s Word.
What is the music like? Our music is a blend of Hymns and praise and worship songs. Our aim is for the music to support the sound of our congregation singing.