It is that time of year again to celebrate a key milestone in the life of our students. Since many will be considering what they could give these students, I wanted to provide a resource for my most recommended books for high school graduates and college students.
I will put my recommendations into four categories that I think are especially important for these students: Theological, Rational/ Apologetic, Pragmatic/Wisdom/Living, and Personal Growth.
- Why Church Matters: Discovering Your Place in the Family of God by Joshua Harris.
- The Prodigal God by Tim Keller
- Christ or Chaos by Dan Dewitt
- Jesus or Nothing by Dan Dewitt
- The Reason for God by Tim Keller
- Budziszewski, How to Stay Christian in College
- Apologetics Study Bible
- Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God’s Will by Kevin DeYoung.
- Wheaton, University of Destruction
- What’s Best Next by Matthew Perman
- Chediak, Thriving at College
- Morrow, Welcome to College
- Opitz & Melleby, The Outrageous Idea of Academic Faithfulness